Friday, April 5, 2013

Beer For Beasts 3


Hey Everyone! 

I am super excited because one of my favorite events of the year is this Saturday!  It’s called Beer For Beasts and I may not be 21, but I still love this event.  

For the 3rd year in a row, my friends at Sixpoint and Beer Advocate team up with a very wonderful group of people from around the beer and animal community to support my family here at the Humane Society of New York. The concept is really unique…the collaborators make up their own flavors of beer and then at the event, everyone gets to try all of them.  Like a huge taste test!  Also, some delicious food trucks come over and they have a big party.  It’s an awesome day of eating, drinking, and entertainment all in the name of a good cause.  

This year, we were asked to make our very own flavor!  We went over to the Sixpoint Brewery and got a tour of the whole place, learned a ton about beer making, and then MADE OUR OWN BEER!  I got to mash it myself and everything, see the photo?  It was really cool and we are so grateful to everyone involved in this massive effort to create such an amazing event.  

If you are heading to Beer For Beasts this Saturday, don't forget to try Willis' HSNY Delicious Rye!  Cheers! 





No comments: