Thursday, March 13, 2008

Discussing the darker side of the Olympics


After reading this article, I am so over the Beijing Olympics.

China is cleaning up Beijing to host the Olympics, but they have a very strange idea about what “cleaning” means. Apparently, they think it means getting rid of cats because that’s what they’re doing. I'm surrounded by cats twenty-four hours a day, and as far as I can tell, they spend most of there time cleaning themselves. They're the cleanest animals I have ever met.

I told my friend, Fiero (he’s the cat I’m talking to in the picture), that the Chinese government was taking cats away from their owners. He was furious. He started shouting, “Let me at ’em!” Fiero can be a hothead sometimes. I had to explain to him that China is pretty far away.

It wasn't too long ago that the Chinese government was trying to get rid of dogs. Who would want to live in a country with no dogs? But people all around the world made lots of noise and the Chinese government had no choice but to stop taking dogs away from their owners.
Looks like it's time to start making some noise again!

I’m definitely not buying any 2008 Olympics merchandise. I don’t think it’s clean.

No comments: