Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Willis takes a bath!






For a dog, grooming isn't about vanity; it's a health issue (although I do like to look my best). So many dogs have skin problems, and because we're covered in fur people frequently miss the warning signs of skin problems. We can suffer from fleas, tick bites, rashes and on and on. The summer is especially hard on a dog's skin. When it's hot out we can develop hot spots, which are very painful.

Here at the Society, my dear friend gives the other pups around here and me our weekly bath. To be commercial for a second, my favorite shampoo is Les Poochs. It smells so nice, it's good for my skin and my fur looks great after using it.

Dogs need their nails to be kept trim, as well. When our nails grow too long, we are forced to walk flat footed, and walking flat footed causes us to have back problems. But cut our nails too short and you can hit the quick, so please, be careful! If you should ever have any trepidation about doing this, please consult your veterinarian.

Remember, a clean dog is a healthy dog!

No comments: